Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Makeup Tutorial


Can you lovelies believe that its already SPRING? Personally, my favorite season! Today we will be doing a tutorial using fun, spring colors! To me, spring is all about being light and fresh. So today's tutorial will reflect that! Let's begin!

**We will be using this picture of Selena Gomez as the model. She is so beautiful and she always wear light, beautiful makeup. She is stunning and always looks so great, with or without makeup! I think she wears this look really well.

1. First, prime your face. I'm using Makeup Forever HD Primer. I find that this works best for me but you can use whatever you have. Also prime your eyelids, under your brow bone, and under your lower lash line. This will keep your shadows on all day. I'm using Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

2. Now apply your favorite foundation. For a light, but flawless coverage, I will be using Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. As a setting powder, I'm using a Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Natural.

3. Next take any eyeshadow brush you own and take a light, golden- bronze color. Sweep this all over the lid. I'm using Birthday Suit from the Too Faced Naked Eye Palette.

4. Now take a fluffy crease brush and blend a shimmery light brown into your crease. I'm using Woodwinked by Mac. I absolutely love this color. It looks great in the crease.

5. Take an angled brush and a dark brown eyeshadow and, while staying very close to the lash line, sweep it lightly under the lashes. I'm using Espresso by Mac

6. Line your waterline with a brown eyeliner. I'm using Brownboarder by Mac

7. Coat your lashes with your favorite mascara. Remember, you don't want super volume or ridiculous length. This is a natural look and should remain simple. I recommend a Lash Discovery mascara.

8. As you can see in the picture above, Selena has a light pink blush on. It gives a nice flush without being overpowering. I'm using Well Dressed by Mac. This is a little different than Selena's, but it will work nicely.

9. Apply a light pink/nude lipstick. I'm using Angel by Mac.

10. Lastly, apply your lipgloss. It should be pretty clear but with a light pink tint. I'm using Underage by Mac.

Thanks for reading! Hope this tutorial works for you! If you decide to try this look out, leave me a comment below! Leave a picture if you like! Thanks for reading dolls and happy spring!

2 comments:

  1. Leave a comment girls! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks! i'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete