Tuesday, April 26, 2011

16 and Pregnant Star: Pregnant on Purpose?

Was it all a scheme?

Rumors have been all over the tabloids concerning one....interesting 16& Pregnant star. The popular MTV show follows the lives of teen girls who become pregnant. It follows them through their money struggles and relationship problems and has be
come very popular.
One particular girl on the show, Jennifer Del Rio, has been accused of getting pregnant on purpose just so she could get on the show by her boyfriend Josh Smith. Josh apparently even requested a restraining order against her because of her "compulsive lying". He believes that she got pregnant on purpose. She apparently told him that she was already pregnant and that when they had sex, they didn't need to use a condom. Well, she sure fooled him.
He says she wanted "so desperately to be on the show". I really hope this isn't the truth but I guess we should've seen something like this coming, right MTV? I'm all for MTV shows but I'm not so sure that having a show about 16 year old pregnant girls is such a good idea. Do we want people to think that its normal and ok to get pregnant at 16? The girls on the show also become instant stars, appearing all over the tabloids, as well as TV. Most of the 16 and Pregnant girls continue onto the show Teen Mom, which continues to follow the lives of the girls. Should we be worried about the popularity of these shows or thankful that its showing people how hard and what a struggle it is to have a child at the age of 16? Whatever the show is doing, I hope no one else gets pregnant for the sake of the show. Trust me girls, its not going to be worth it.



**Comment below with your thoughts! Was it all a scheme or is Josh lying?**



Disclaimer: All opinions in this post are my own. MTV is NOT paying me or sponsoring me for this post, nor is Teen Mom or 16 and Pregnant. These are my honest opinions and thoughts.

1 comment: